The Board of Education of the Weber School District recognizes that students of proper dress and grooming affect the behavior of students attending school. Students should dress appropriately so they do not distract from the learning environment and detract from the learning experience. These standards are listed below:
1. Emphasis is placed on neatness, cleanliness, safety and modesty in personal appearance.
2. Clothing not ordinarily worn in the workplace may not be worn at school (i.e.: robes, pajamas, house slippers, mutilated clothing) unless it is an approved administrative school activity.
3. Tank tops (3 inches on shoulders), halter tops, bare midriffs, pants that excessively sag or expose the buttocks or underwear, are examples of inappropriate dress. Students may be asked to call home for a change of clothes if dressed inappropriately.
4. Clothing that is extreme, sloppy, for protest, defiance and dissent or displays illegal substances, or is obscene, suggestive, or shows inappropriate words or pictures are not permitted.
5. Shorts, skirts or dresses must be below the mid-thigh.
6. Clothing attachments or accessories that could be considered unsafe, distracting or disruptive to the educational process (i.e.: chains, spikes) are not allowed on school grounds.
7. Good manners dictate that no hats or headwear are permitted in school buildings.
8. Apparel or accessories with gang symbols, monikers, insignias or other gang identifiers are not allowed.
9. Sunglasses and head phones are not allowed during school hours.
10. Hair or make-up that is so conspicuous, extreme, odd in color or style that it draws UNDUE attention, disrupts, or tends to disrupt or interfere with the learning environment at school will not be allowed.