1. Weber School District has the responsibility to transport bus students to and from school to their assigned bus stops.
2. Students who are not on the regular passenger list are not permitted to ride the bus.
3. Students are under the direction of the bus driver while riding on the bus.
4. All passengers are expected to be courteous to the driver and their fellow students. Students are to remain seated while the bus is in motion, and obey all other bus rules and instructions from the driver.
5. Students who refuse to obey the bus driver and display common courtesy may forfeit their privilege of riding the bus.
Due to serious liability and safety concerns with bussing students, the district has asked that we strictly adhere to the bussing policy set forth by the Weber School District, the Utah State Office of Education and Risk Management.
• The policy states that drivers are not authorized to allow eligible students to change buses, to be dropped at unassigned stops or to allow students not assigned to a route to ride the route bus.
Transporting students to such activities as parties, scouts, sleepovers, achievement days, piano lessons, daycare, etc. will NOT be allowed. Students not on the regular passenger list will not be permitted to ride the bus.
If you feel that you must request an exception to this policy because of extenuating circumstances, (i.e. a relative may be taking care of your students while you are out of town-guardianship has been assigned), you will need to fill out and sign a form which can be picked up in the office at your students school. All forms must be signed personally, phone calls are not accepted. You may also call the Transportation Supervisor, Kristen Kearl at 801-476-7931 if you have concerns. We appreciate your cooperation with this important safety issue.